Monday, June 13, 2005

Knitting!

So we got Jussara a "How to Knit" kit for her birthday (technically it was from Greyson). She had been fingerweaving for a couple of weeks and was asking for a lot of yarn for her birthday (which Cameron got her). I thought it would be a good idea to expand her skills since there's only so many things you can do with the fingerweaving. lol.

It has been many, many years since I've knitted. And even then I never really finished anything. I did finish an afghan that I crocheted in the seventies, but never knitted anything to completion. Of course after I started having my children, I never really found the time for it anymore.

But now that Jussara has turned 11, I figure it's time for her to start learning some of these skills! So I got out the book and I was really trying to go by the illustrations, but man... I couldn't seem to 'get it'! Well, I kept coming back to it again and again and lo and behold I FINALLY got down the knit stitch and the purl stitch! Granted it took all day - but we did it! And Jussara actually got it down too! I'm even thinking about knitting up some winter scarves for the family for Christmas!

If only I could knit and type at the same time! Heh heh!

1 comment:

Bay in TN said...

HEY! You're outta the closet!!!! And *knitting* again!!!! Well, almost. It must be nice to share a hobby with your daughter. I hope she takes to knitting and makes you something more than an afghan from the 70's! :)