Saturday, June 25, 2005

Cameron's Recital

It was very exciting! And Cam was only in two dances! The whole family went and loved it! It was a little long though and Jaiden had a bit of hard time during the middle. She was ready to go home. It was a long night for her. Waaay past her bedtime. It wasn't over until about 10:40 I think. So we were there for more than four hours.

I was so proud of Cameron! He is such a good dancer. I'd really like to see him go into company, but he really doesn't want to do ballet. I can't blame him, but I'd love to see him really expand his dancing skills. But we'll see. Maybe he'll change his mind. Too bad there isn't a school of krump in Phoenix. That's the next thing he wants to learn. He can't wait until Rize comes out in Phoenix. Dance is changing in many ways. It was interesting to see ballet performed to more rock and blues style songs. Very interesting to see traditional ballet moves combined with more hip moves. Fascinating.

I was amazed at how well they all did! How these little ones (and even the big ones) remember all these difference dances and all the steps - it was really amazing. It really brought back memories! And a kind of a sad one. I always wanted to be a dancer, but I was very small and I was told by someone - I can't even remember who now - that I was too short to ever be a dancer. And the saddest part is that somewhere deep inside it lodged within me and I never really even tried to pursue dance because I believed him. I thought that ALL dancers were tall. And this was even in spite of the fact that my parents were every encouraging and always told me I could do anything I put my mind to. They supported me thoroughly! I even got a got a scholarship to college for cheerleading and at that time we also did all the dance routines, but I just didn't think it was an option to pursue more. I've taken dance classes over the years from time to time, but after I started having children I just never got back into it. (Well, except for that dance troupe at my church when Cameron was a baby.) Maybe this will spark me to change that! Lose some weight and get in shape! I wonder if my body can do it. I've been watching "Dancing with the Stars" and I've always wanted to take ballroom dancing! I love all kinds of dance! Hmmmm... Thing is - how am I ever going to find time to develop my website, design digital kits, maintain my website, take care of my family, lose weight & get in shape, take dance classes and organize my home? Oh boy!

So Jussara loved the recital too and she wants to take dance lessons, but she's worried Cam won't want her to. He feels like dance is "his" thing and he wants it to stay that way! lol. I think that all our kids have rhythm and that they should all have the opportunity to express themselves physically in dance. It is one of the most liberating things you can do.

Oh, and I'm so excited because I saw Missy and she said that she got some really great pics of Cammie at dress rehearsal! So glad! Now I can scrapbook the whole event - which is a very big event in Cam's life!!! Thanks Missy!!!

On to other subjects...

I got three new magazines yesterday. I LOVE magazines! Home Storage and Organizing, domino - The shopping magazine for your home, and Women's Health. Can't wait until I have a chance to check them out! Like I have the time! I just need to organize my time better! Like right now, I am spending waaay to much time writing this post in my blog! lol! Gotta get ready for tonight's show anyway!!!

Later on...

No comments: