Monday, July 18, 2005

Life is truly flying by!

So Cameron turned 13 last week! Wow! And all he wanted was a cell phone. So we got him one. Now maybe our home phone will not be ringing off the hook with girls calling him. LOL! What a time of life! I remember 13 - wearing matching CPO jackets with my best friend, Cindi! Going to Poplar Bluffs to cheer for our basketball team in a tournament! Hearing my 12-year-old cousin tell me about something called a "french kiss" where the boy stuck his tongue in your mouth - ewww gross! I had never heard about such a thing! And nothing sounded more disgusting. lol. Times were certainly different back then! Television and movies certainly did not go there!

Cameron asked me how old I was when I got my first cell phone. I said 46. He laughed. "Come on, Mom! Forty-six? Yeah, right." LOL! Yep, times have changed. And they're going to be changing even more for Cameron because he starts middle-school this year! A new chapter. Heady times, for sure. Ahhhh. Youth.

And so this morning when I walked out of the bedroom, Greyson sprung up from the computer and exclaimed "Mom, you've GOT to see this!" And he drags me to the bathroom and juts his chin out and says "LOOK!!!" with pride beaming from his eyes. I pulled down my glasses to get a better look (I don't have bifocals - yet) and there it was! No question about it. It was different. Definitely. Not like the peach fuzz on his lip. This was definitely a chin whisker. One. One single whisker. But definitely a whisker. About an eighth of an inch long and proudly sprouted right in the center of his chin. Well, his just couldn't contain himself. Every step of this process has been like this for Greyson. The first underarm hair. The peach fuzz on the lip. All of it. He rellishes it. He celebrates it. He points it out to anyone and everyone that will listen. Ahhhh, yes. The sweet bird of youth!

I grew up with two sisters and no brothers so experiencing all these "boy" things has been a whole new experience for me. I'm so thankful for such blessings. So thankful.

So we had a mad storm blow through last night! Right when I left to go pick up Cameron's friend to stay overnight, Clyde called (on Cameron's new cell phone) to tell us that the power had just gone out. The wind was fierce and I could see a wall of dust headed our way. It was a little after 6:00 p.m. We hoped the electricity would be back on by the time we got home but it wasn't. And it was already getting warm.

It's amazing how quiet it is when there is no electricity. And it's amazing how quickly it gets HOT! Boy, you sure don't feel like doing anything when it's hot! Clyde said "I don't know how they did it in Arizona before electricity!" I couldn't agree more! While we were laying around sweating and waiting for the electricity to come back on I felt like the mutants in Arnold's movie Total Recall when they stopped pumping in the fresh air. Just laying there, sweating. At least we still had oxygen. The good thing is we all realized how much we take everything for granted! Good reality check!

So I've been reluctant to post on any threads regarding customer service, but I can't help but notice that designers seem to be feeling attacked. I don't know what is up with that but there must be something going on behind the scenes to cause the comments I've noticed lately. I've heard mention of customers expecting too much. Scares me even more to think I'm really working on jumping into it myself! Yikes!

I would just like to take a moment to mention one bit of wisdom I've learned time and time again over the years. You cannot control the actions of other people, only your own actions and your reaction to others.

Speaking of designing - I'm so excited because I've really been working on getting some stuff done! I've finished a bunch of stuff on one kit and I'm starting on another kit. Well, I started on it a long time ago, but I didn't get really far with it, so now I'm going to work on it full force.

At this point I'm working night and day on designing kits. I am constantly thinking about them, dreaming about them, researching ideas for them and on and on. It's fun though and I hope that I am able to do something that people will like. I am learning more every day about the programs I'm using and that's been great!

No comments: