Friday, March 18, 2005

Joe Cocker

So Tuesday we went to see Joe Cocker at the Celebrity Theater. Clyde had never been to the Celebrity Theater and I had only been once with one of the children on a fieldtrip to see "Cinderella" several years ago. It is a theater-in-the-round. The stage is in the middle and it slowly rotates throughout the concert. It is an intimate setting and there really isn't a bad seat in the house.

Kari and Del were supposed to meet us at at 7 p.m. at Josh's house (Del's nephew) because he lives near us. Right when we were getting into the van, Kari calls us to tell us that they were having electrical problems with one of the BMW's they just bought and they were going to have to take the other BMW and that they were just leaving. Well, they are about 20 minutes away so we decide to go head on over to Josh's. On the way I had a thought that I should call Del to make sure he had the tickets. So I call Kari's phone and Del answers and I ask him if he has the tickets and he starts laughing and says we are going back to get them right now. And so I laugh, thinking he's joking. He says no I'm serious. We have to go back and get them. Kari got me distracted when I was trying to fix the window and I forgot them. So he suggests we just meet at the theater.

So we get there and have to park in an adjacent lot. We walk through the gravel all the way over to the door and when we get to the front of the line, the guy checks my purse for a camera. I, of course, have my little digital camera in there and he tells me you have to take it back to your car, you can't bring it in. I'm like, oh no! So I asked if I could just give him my batteries. Which he let me do. Thank goodness!

So Joe ended up being great and we were in really good seats. Kari, Del and Josh were in the 3rd row and we were right behind them in the 4th row. Just far enough away to avoid the spit. We had a lot of fun. It was amazing to see him up so close. I have a new appreciation for Joe Cocker! I'm glad we went!

No comments: